Need some input

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
I'm thinking about getting the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz for my new comp. I'm not to terribly interested in any Sound Blaster card because i haven't had the best experience w/ them. Also, i've heard there are other sound cards w/ the santa cruz sound chip: are these any better than the one made by Turtle Beach? Thanks

"If you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget is on your back strangling you"

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The Hercules Game Theater XP uses the same chip, but has more features on the external rack.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
yeah, i would narrow it down to either the Turtle beach or the GTXP, get the Game Theater if you want an external rack with LOADS of Features, or get the turtle for great sound without an external rack!

This Community is like a Second Family!!

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
so does the gtxp have a lower sound quality than the santa cruz?

"If you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget is on your back strangling you"

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
thanks for the info on the gtxp. I don't really know if i should buy it because i don't really need all the extra cords and stuff. Is it really worth all that fancy stuff?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, if you're not going to be plugging in a fancy sound system to your computer then the Santa Cruz is fine.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
thanks a bunch for answering quickly. CompUSA has them on sale for 59.99, which is a 20$ difference than the normal price. :smile: