[SOLVED] Need some personal gaming opinions

Oct 20, 2019
  1. For those who play on resolutions greater than 1080p, how does 2k or 4k look and perform for gaming?
  2. Are curved screens better for gaming?
  3. Does g sync or free sync make a big difference?
  4. What size do you guys like? I only have a 24 inch and wanna know if bigger is better.
  5. What is ultra wide like?
Thanks

Solution
1: The higher the Resolution = the more expensive the parts you need to hit the desired graphics settings.
ex: Rtx2060 is fine for 1080 gaming but not so good for 4k.

2: All depends on the monitor here. IMO a really good curved display is very sweet but also very expensive. The cheap curved ones are a No! for me.

3: The higher the resolution then the bigger the monitor you want. Getting a 24" 4k monitor will have you scaling to 200% cancelling the purpose of getting a high res monitor in the first place.

4: I'm thinking my next montor(s) will be 27" maybe 32".

5: Size matters IMO. Whats the use of a 32" curved monitor if the display panel is only 9" high. No thanks, I'll stick with my 23".

popatim

Titan
1: The higher the Resolution = the more expensive the parts you need to hit the desired graphics settings.
ex: Rtx2060 is fine for 1080 gaming but not so good for 4k.

2: All depends on the monitor here. IMO a really good curved display is very sweet but also very expensive. The cheap curved ones are a No! for me.

3: The higher the resolution then the bigger the monitor you want. Getting a 24" 4k monitor will have you scaling to 200% cancelling the purpose of getting a high res monitor in the first place.

4: I'm thinking my next montor(s) will be 27" maybe 32".

5: Size matters IMO. Whats the use of a 32" curved monitor if the display panel is only 9" high. No thanks, I'll stick with my 23".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS