Question Need Some Sort Of Heat Detection Application

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
Hello all, I am in need of a heat detection application for an older Windows 7 build I have and I don't really know of any application that does that. It's been very hot these past few weeks and the ventilation in my work room is not the best. I keep hearing the fans in this unit throttling and I would like to check the temp from time to time without having to go to the BIOS every time. Could I use MSI-Afterburner? If I remember correctly it had a heat index for the GPU.

Hello all, I am in need of a heat detection application for an older Windows 7 build I have and I don't really know of any application that does that. It's been very hot these past few weeks and the ventilation in my work room is not the best. I keep hearing the fans in this unit throttling and I would like to check the temp from time to time without having to go to the BIOS every time. Could I use MSI-Afterburner? If I remember correctly it had a heat index for the GPU.
You could try:

There's a portable version that you can just put into a separate folder to test out. Has hundreds of sensor settings so selecting the ones you need most can be a little tedious. But once its set up its the best I've seen so I use it all the time.

Reactions: stonecarver