Need some stealing advice.

Looking for some stealing tips for my wifes character. She wants to make a
Doom Thief, but she's having trouble raising her stealing. She has tried
stealing from town crates/boxes in Fel and hasn't gotten any gains.Creatures
and NPCs block her attempts.

She has 50 Stealing I think...

She asked me for advice, and being a rotten thief, I have none to give her.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Mongo

Check out the FAQ on the stratics thief forum.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=uothief&PHPSESSID=

Basically you go to Felucca, load up a packhorse with a bunch of items or
stacks of the proper weight for your skill level, command the pack horse to
guard you and steal those items until your eyes bleed.

If I understand it correctly, when you fail to gain off an item/stack, you
can not gain off that item/stack until you gain off another item/stack so
you need a lot of things to steal.

I made up four packs each with twenty stacks of empty potion bottles so I
had 100 things to steal. Then I would put the packs on my packy, tell it to
guard me and open the packs up and try to steal the stacks. When I got a
gain, I would start over at the beginning. The slightly annoying thing
about stealing stacks is that often I would only succeed in stealing part of
the stack so then I had to remember which stack I had been working on to put
the bottles back where they belonged.

Hope this helps.