Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
HAF XB EVO desktop
intel i5 4690k
HD Seagate 1000gb 7200rpm
Memória Hyper X 8gb x2
MOBO- asus h97m-e csm-
GPU- geforce gtx 970gb gddr5

Thats it. What would be the next logical upgrade for this pc?

I live in Brazil

Lutfij

Titan
Logically, if you can't find a cheap Z series chipset board, preferably a Z97 chipset, and you can't overclock your ram's past 1600MHz(nor can you surce DDR3-2133MHz rams), then you're best off going with a new current gen platform though I'm assuming you're taxing your system well enough to see your current system become sluggish.

Mind sharing the make and model of your PSU? As well as it's age? You need to list all the tasks you tax the system with. You should benefit most by getting an SSD.

Reactions: legendarysnake
If you are looking for better system responsiveness, then I agree with Lutfij with getting an SSD. If you are going for better gaming performance, then maybe a newer graphics card like a gtx-1060 or rx-580 depending on pricing in Brazil and your current power supply.

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
I'm traveling so I can't look at my PSU model- but it has 500W

Last time I had an SSD I had a lot of troubles. It was an Samsung SSD.

So I decided to not get another one again. I got an 7200 rpm hdd instead.

Samsung's SSDs are some of the very best in the business...

Not sure what the source of your original SSDs issues might have been back 'whenever' was, but, thinking of SSDs are being risky/temperamental and then avoiding them will be forever condemning yourself to 90 second bootups (vs. 10-15 seconds), being last into a game, etc...

(Were you perhaps trying to boot from an NVME drive on an H97 chipset? I could not see standard 840/850 drives as giving many issues for most folks, although the early 840's from 8-9 years ago did reportedly some early delivery firmware issues)