Need suggestion about graphics card for intel core 2 duo DG31PR

May 21, 2018
Hello,
I have a pc with 2 gb ddr 2 ram & core 2 duo processor . which graphic card will compatible with my pc.

I want to play some game till 2014 or 2015 .
Please help me out.
Thank you

Solution
2014/2015 have passed, you have accomplished that particular objective.

What is your budget?

Since your motherboard has a pcie x16 graphics slot, you can install any graphics card you want.
Probably something like a GT1030 would be appropriate.
It can easily be moved to a better pc.

That said, 2gb is not sufficient for anything and spending more on your pc is money down the drain.

For $220, you can buy a G5500, H310 motherboard, 8gb of ram.
That will include integrated HD630 graphics that is better than some low end add in graphics cards.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
If your mobo is compatible, look at replacing the cpu with a 2nd hand Xeon chip; they cost almost nothing.

My daughters core2 was replaced by a Xeon 5450 (£13), but some 775 boards only take Xeon E3 series.

She also has my old AMD R7 265 gfx card, which lets her play some recent games at a fairly good gfx setting.

You will want some more RAM; DDR2 2GB modules are the the limit unless you want to spend stupid money, and you will need a better cpu heatsink and possibly a better psu for the gfx card (most 4GB modules only work with AMD boards/cpu's).

Unless you have those parts lying around spare, by now you will have spent as much as buying a decent spec 2nd hand PC.

2014/2015 have passed, you have accomplished that particular objective.

What is your budget?

Since your motherboard has a pcie x16 graphics slot, you can install any graphics card you want.
Probably something like a GT1030 would be appropriate.
It can easily be moved to a better pc.

That said, 2gb is not sufficient for anything and spending more on your pc is money down the drain.

For $220, you can buy a G5500, H310 motherboard, 8gb of ram.
That will include integrated HD630 graphics that is better than some low end add in graphics cards.

Solution

Lets talk more adwance way. Buy 2nd gen ryzen processor and motherboard and a latest flashed b150m chipset motherboard.

It has better integrated graphics