[SOLVED] Need suggestion for best psu 750w 80+ gold

rainernk94

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019
My old cx750m psu blow up. I wanna ask for suggestion what psu should i buy? I already search and bitfenix whisper and seasonic focus gold already in my list. However is there any more good psu suggestion other than those two? Thanks

The bitfenix whisper is a great power supply... the psu clears its 80+ gold efficiency rating and has really low ripple on the 12V(only 15mV), it just gets a little bit hot when being pushed to the limit.
It's built really solid too.

You can read the @jonnyguru review for the bitfenix whisper here:

Bitfenix Whisper 750W review

So the bitfenix PSU is a solid choice too.

For your build you can go cheaper and still find solid units. Corsair CX550M OR CX650M are really great budget alternatives... they're not on the level of the ones you posted, but they're still reliable models. If you really want an 80+ gold rated unit the Corsair TX550M/TX650M or the EVGA SuperNOVA G3 are solid too.

Last edited:
Reactions: rainernk94

McDuncun

Honorable
IMO just get any modern 650-750W Seasonic PSU, there is no real way to go wrong there. Corsair and EVGA would be close 2nd and 3rd places.

Go for the one with the best warranty and functionality(e.g Modular/lighting...)

Never cheap out on a PSU in regards to brand, make sure of your wattage requirements(650W in your case) and one of those 3 brands. Whichever is priced the best in your area.

rainernk94

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019
The bitfenix whisper is a great power supply... the psu clears its 80+ gold efficiency rating and has really low ripple on the 12V(only 15mV), it just gets a little bit hot when being pushed to the limit.
It's built really solid too.

You can read the @jonnyguru review for the bitfenix whisper here:

Bitfenix Whisper 750W review

So the bitfenix PSU is a solid choice too.

For your build you can go cheaper and still find solid units. Corsair CX550M OR CX650M are really great budget alternatives... they're not on the level of the ones you posted, but they're still reliable models. If you really want an 80+ gold rated unit the Corsair TX550M/TX650M or the EVGA SuperNOVA G3 are solid too.
Oh i see. Yeah i want 80+ gold rated i will check your suggestion thanks

rainernk94

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019
IMO just get any modern 650-750W Seasonic PSU, there is no real way to go wrong there. Corsair and EVGA would be close 2nd and 3rd places.

Go for the one with the best warranty and functionality(e.g Modular/lighting...)

Never cheap out on a PSU in regards to brand, make sure of your wattage requirements(650W in your case) and one of those 3 brands. Whichever is priced the best in your area.
But i see in another forum that seasonic focus plus is having issue with compatibility GPU. Is that issue still exist now?

Oh i see. Yeah i want 80+ gold rated i will check your suggestion thanks

Oh and btw I'm refering to the newer CX550M and CX650M models(grey label), compared to your old CX750M(green label) they're of much better quality.

EDIT: about the psu incompatibility with the gpu thing... if the PSU provides the right connectors, is reliable and provides enough power on the 12V rail to supply your gpu(the seasonic focus plus 550/650 models tick those boxes) and the other components, then there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

rainernk94

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019
650w is really all you need even accounting for future upgrades.

Seasonic focus series are good PSUs and the Bitfenix whispers are good aswell.

What is your country and budget for a new PSU?
Im living in Indonesia and the price gap between seasonic focua plus and bitfenix whispers around $20 so im confused. My budget around $140

rainernk94

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019
Btw i think i already pretty certain will get seasonic focus plus but i wanna ask what the difference between gx and fx in focus gold series? I already research it and found that gx is newly produced replacing old focus plus but what about the fx?