[SOLVED] Need suggestion for new ram

Apr 12, 2022
Currently I've got 32gb 3200mhz CL16 Corsair Vengeance RGB. Looking to upgrade them since I've gotten a new CPU and GPU. I also game in 4k so I'm trying to push it.

Current specs:

ROG Strix x570-e Gaming
Ryzen 9 5950x
ROG Strix 3080 ti

I'm thinking of getting 3600Mhz CL14 but I'm unsure if its a benefit at this point.

Solution
would the performance increase justify the nearly $300 to upgrade from my current 3200mhz CL16 32gb kit.

Another note about my current kit, I have 2 8gb sticks from samsung and the other 2 sticks from micron. I was informed this is not a good thing and should change my kit immediately. Again, I'm not sure if all this information is accurate or not.

Ideally.....you want all 4 sticks to be part of a single package, purchased in a packet of all 4 at the same time. Usually referred to as a "kit". That's to avoid issues and get the best possible performance. Any other way can "work", but it's a risk.

You say "justify"................quite a word.

If your net worth is 50 million dollars, most likely yes.

If your net worth is 50...
Currently I've got 32gb 3200mhz CL16 Corsair Vengeance RGB. Looking to upgrade them since I've gotten a new CPU and GPU. I also game in 4k so I'm trying to push it.

Current specs:

ROG Strix x570-e Gaming
Ryzen 9 5950x
ROG Strix 3080 ti

I'm thinking of getting 3600Mhz CL14 but I'm unsure if its a benefit at this point.

Not enough details.

Upgrade what?

Amount? From 32 to 64?

Speed but not amount? 32 of this to 32 of that?

Both amount and speed?

Apr 12, 2022
Not enough details.

Upgrade what?

Amount? From 32 to 64?

Speed but not amount? 32 of this to 32 of that?

Both amount and speed?

Sorry, meant to include that.

I'd like to stay at 32gb since the price jump from 32 to 64 is just immense. I would like to upgrade the speed and cas latency but I don't really know if I would get a sizable increase in performance. From what I've read 3600mhz is the sweet spot for 5000 series Ryzen chips and CL14 is the best for gaming. If those are accurate; would the performance increase justify the nearly $300 to upgrade from my current 3200mhz CL16 32gb kit.

Another note about my current kit, I have 2 8gb sticks from samsung and the other 2 sticks from micron. I was informed this is not a good thing and should change my kit immediately. Again, I'm not sure if all this information is accurate or not.

would the performance increase justify the nearly $300 to upgrade from my current 3200mhz CL16 32gb kit.

Ideally.....you want all 4 sticks to be part of a single package, purchased in a packet of all 4 at the same time. Usually referred to as a "kit". That's to avoid issues and get the best possible performance. Any other way can "work", but it's a risk.

You say "justify"................quite a word.

If your net worth is 50 million dollars, most likely yes.

If your net worth is 50 thousand dollars, maybe.

If your net worth is 500 dollars........highly unlikely.

But if you are obsessed with the last possible tenth of a percent of performance, maybe you spend your last dollar on different RAM.

If you are expecting anywhere near a night and day difference, you will be disappointed............but for all anyone knows you will be highly satisfied with even the slightest improvement.

Pretty much your call depending on where you fall on that continuum.

If the new RAM costs 200 bucks, maybe 200 spent elsewhere would be a lot more bang for the buck.

Reactions: superjack010
Solution
The IMC on your chip officially supports up to 3200Mhz so there is no guaranty you will achieve the rated frequency if you choose a kit at 3600Mhz CL16.
Best is to select a single kit, the size you need that are listed on the QVL that are tested and known to work. Here is your MB QVL:https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...MD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors_X570_0423.pdf
Choose a kit at 3200Mhz CL14 that have Samsung B-Die chips.

There is little difference between 3200Mhz and 3600Mhz performance wise and Ryzen Affinity Fabric is picky due to the limitations of the IMC.

I recommend G.Skill 16GB (2X8) for AAA gaming or 32GB if that's your need. You can also select your bling requirement, so I leave that up to you.
Don't hesitate to come back if you have other queries regarding RAM. (y)

Reactions: superjack010