Question Need suggestion in choosing the right CPU & MOBO

bala_4370

Honorable
Apr 7, 2018
Hi,

I need a suggestion on getting a budget PROCESSOR & A MOBO.

Currently am using Ryzen 3 1300x with Asus B450M-K MOBO. My MOBO has issues and so service technician suggested to replace the MOBO and Processor.

So please suggest a good processor and MOBO that goes well with my GPU 1050TI.

BUDGET - 15K INR

I do lot of gaming. My other Specs are below.

GPU 1050TI
PSU ANTEC VP 550
RAM COSAIR 2*8 GB (16 GB)
Kingston 2*500 GB SSD

Regards,
Santosh Balaji

D

Deleted member 362816

I would just upgrade your CPU to a 5600g/x if you can find one 192$ USD isn't much to upgrade both.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My mobo has issues...

What issues?

Careful with recommendations by service techs to just purchase new equipment. It generally means one or both of 2 things. Either they can't be bothered/don't know how to actually diagnose the issues or they just load up the parts cannon hoping you'll need them to professionally install the components, charging you shop fee for diagnosis and install fee of the new stuff.

Means they make fast money, and don't have to use more than 2 brain cells.

Reactions: KyaraM

bala_4370

Honorable
Apr 7, 2018
Actually My system suddenly did not show anything in monitor and Mouse, Keyboard as well did not work, but the Processor is running.

I serviced the MOBO and it worked fine. But now the same issue repeats, but rarely. Once in 10 times issue comes. And if I leave the PC untouched for a day or two, then it again works properly. Issue is not constant now, it comes suddenly and gets fixed automatically. When I again asked the service person, he says unless the issue is there permanently, he can not diagonize the issue.

My mobo has issues...

What issues?

Careful with recommendations by service techs to just purchase new equipment. It generally means one or both of 2 things. Either they can't be bothered/don't know how to actually diagnose the issues or they just load up the parts cannon hoping you'll need them to professionally install the components, charging you shop fee for diagnosis and install fee of the new stuff.

Means they make fast money, and don't have to use more than 2 brain cells.
Actua

bala_4370

Honorable
Apr 7, 2018
Actually My system suddenly did not show anything in monitor and Mouse, Keyboard as well did not work, but the Processor is running.

I serviced the MOBO and it worked fine. But now the same issue repeats, but rarely. Once in 10 times issue comes. And if I leave the PC untouched for a day or two, then it again works properly. Issue is not constant now, it comes suddenly and gets fixed automatically. When I again asked the service person, he says unless the issue is there permanently, he can not diagonize the issue.

I serviced the MOBO and it worked fine. But now the same issue repeats, but rarely. Once in 10 times issue comes. And if I leave the PC untouched for a day or two, then it again works properly. Issue is not constant now, it comes suddenly and gets fixed automatically.
Could be as well PSU issue.
Processor running? Did you mean cpu cooler fan spinning? That means nothing.

bala_4370

Honorable
Apr 7, 2018
Could be as well PSU issue.
Processor running? Did you mean cpu cooler fan spinning? That means nothing.
PSU is actually new, it's a Antec VP550. Is there a way I can check if PSU is working fine.

Yes CPU cooler Fan is running, but no display in monitor and mouse keyboard does not respond (no light in mouse and keyboard).

Another symptom is, when issue comes the been sound that comes from MOBO usually does not come.

KyaraM

Admirable
I think in your second link, you wanted to link this CPU instead of the 10100F? Since the 10100F isn't compatible with the board...
https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Intel+Core+i3-12100F+3.30GHz+Processor_C30P36646.html

But yeah, this would be a really nice upgrade for TC at the price point. Outside of getting an MB only, likely the best option.

Reactions: Why_Me