Need Suggestion To Clean Monitor

shedlight

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hi,

I got Dell UltraSharp U2412M monitor and I'd like to know how to clean it's screen?

Can I clean it with soft cotton cloth (old tshirt or towel) or is there any solution available in the market?

Thanks in advance.

Dell-Jesse-L

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
shedlight,

Clean a computer monitor by using a monitor wipe that can be purchased at any local electronics store. You can also use a soft cloth and water to clean a montior. I do not recommend using a towel.

Thanks,
Dell-Jesse

shedlight

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Jesse, thanks for answering, I checked in my local market monitor wipes aren't available.

As a alternate you recommended soft cloth, can I use vest (brand name Jockey) old or new whatever you recommend, I can use that because that's the only soft cloth I found.

shedlight

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I'm afraid, I forgot to reply.

Please answer my both the questions, I'd like to know :-

1. As a alternate you recommended soft cloth, can I use vest (brand name Jockey) old or new whatever you recommend, I can use that because that's the only soft cloth I found.

2. What type of soft cloth do you recommend, as you disallow to use towel whereas towel also falls in soft cloth category. Is vest cloth is suitable to clean Dell UltraSharp LED monitor's screen?

Please reply my both the questions.

quickgroth

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
If you have a microfiber towel, get it slightly damp and wipe off the screen. ZIf you don't have a microfiber towel, you can use a different type of damp soft cloth. It shouldn't be that big of a deal if you just use a shirt or something. As long as you don't get it too wet and the cloth or towel is clean, the monitor will be fine.

TRENDING THREADS