Need Suggestions for best Graphic card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vasanthancs

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Please suggest me best graphic card for my PC ,

My PC Config is ,

Processor - Pentium Dual core 2.8Ghz
Motherboard - Intel 102Ggc2
Onboard Graphics - ATI radeon Xpress 200 - 256MB
RAM - DDR2 1.5GB ( 1GB + 512MB )

Your PSU can likely handle an HD4670 just fine. Your processor is dual core but a Pentium D is quite weak at this point. If you don't have the money to fully upgrade your system right now(motherboard/cpu/ram/psu/ect) then just get another gig of ram and the HD4670. That should let you do ok when gaming at low resolutions although cpu intensive games may give you some problems.
Also if the 1gb HD4670 costs more than the 512mb version don't bother with it as that card can't make any use of the extra memory.

vasanthancs

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

Now i have decided to build new PC for gaming , please suggest for Processor , Motherboard , RAM , PSU . Graphic card , HD ......

Well. it depends on how much you want to spend really. The best performance for the money cpu right now is probably a quad core Athlon II. You'd want an AM3 motherboard to go with it and DDR3 ram. A hard drive you shouldn't need help picking out, they don't vary much really except in size. You'll want a SATA one rather than IDE these days though.
How good a PSU you'll want is dependent on what video card you choose mostly. Once again that is all about what you want to spend, as well as what resolution you plan to game at.

vasanthancs

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

I am ready to go for 25000 to 30000 INR . So please provide me spec for Processor , Motherboard , Graphic card , PSU ......

If you are into OC, i would say the 955BE is the better choice. Unlocked multiplier! Ummmmmmmmm :love:
Also get a 790GX chipset rather than a 780G. Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 or Biostar TA790GX A3+. Biostar board is very very good considering its price.

vasanthancs

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

ok then i will go for

Phenom X4 Quad X4 - 955BE
Asus 790GX chipset

then which graphic card will be suitable for this ?? price range - 5K to 6K

I honestly don't know what the prices are like over there but here an Athlon II x4 is much cheaper than the Phenom II x4 and the performance difference doesn't make sense on a tight budget. You'd probably be better off with an Athlon II quad and spending the extra money for a better video card.
Read this for a good look at the practical difference between the chips and decide for yourself;
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/athlon-l3-cache,2416.html

I'd go mostly based on price. The main difference between the various cards will be the fan/heatsink and also the warranty the manufacturer offers. The HD4770 runs pretty cool so the fan/heatsink shouldn't matter as much as on other more power hungry cards. The warranties offered tends to vary depending on country.