Need suggestions for budget gaming PC

Sep 10, 2018
Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing great.

So I am planning to get my first PC and I am considering the below parts.

AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
WD HDD 1 TB
Kingston - A400 120 GB
GTX 1050ti 4 GB
corsir power supply 550
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4

I would really like to know if the above build will suffice for at least 5-7 years. The main purpose of this build would be for medium gaming and multitasking. Also, how reliable are AMD processor with regards to game compatibility or with software compatibility? WIll it be supported by upcoming games or software? I have heard AMD processors have heating issues, should I also consider adding an external cooler?

My budget is around 50000 INR and I would really appreciate if anyone of you could help me with this.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
i don't think it's going to last that long.

the setup is a entry level gaming setup. and barely handles most current game @ 1080p 60 fps.

for current games, like cs go, and lol, it should be fine. but it will struggle at newer games titles.

it might be possible to run on minimum settings, but the experience is pbbly not that enjoyable. i suggest that if you are not using the graphic processor on the ryzen 2200g, get a i3 8100 with h310 or b360 mobo. that should give you more frames. and hopefully lasted for a bit longer.
i don't think it's going to last that long.

the setup is a entry level gaming setup. and barely handles most current game @ 1080p 60 fps.

for current games, like cs go, and lol, it should be fine. but it will struggle at newer games titles.

it might be possible to run on minimum settings, but the experience is pbbly not that enjoyable. i suggest that if you are not using the graphic processor on the ryzen 2200g, get a i3 8100 with h310 or b360 mobo. that should give you more frames. and hopefully lasted for a bit longer.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Insomuch as will it power on for 5-7 years, I am sure it could.

As to it's usefulness....if you are really looking to use it that long and get those settings I would step up to a R5/7, 16GB of RAM. May consider stepping up to a full size mobo to allow certain upgrades (like more RAM slots).

That mobo may require an update to use the selected CPU on current list.