Need Suggestions for Build

hunansux

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: In the next week. BUDGET RANGE: Around $800

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, media, internet/typical tasks

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I use dealnews.com to find the best price.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Core 2 Quad Q9650. Really that can change though I'm trying to get the msot bang for my buck.

OVERCLOCKING: Not really I'm open to it if it's not going to be a risk. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Don't plan on using it but not opposed to it in case I want to in the future.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: *Issue* I need a graphics card that can deal well with wide screen resolutions. I use my tv as my monitor.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'm most worried about getting a cheap, powerful computer. I keep reading about conflicting opinions for every part I have picked so I'm coming here for advice!

drunknmunkys

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
What resolution is your monitor? What games do you play? In that range you're probably looking at an Phenom II 720 build as the best value, with possibly 2x 4850's if you're gaming needs require it.

hunansux

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
Primarily CoD and other fps games. The resolution... I don't know. I can't check it because my computer will not start up (the reason I'm getting a new computer).