Need suggestions for fan wiring

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I've got an Antec300 case, which comes with 2 exhaust fans. Each fan has a big plug with male/female "molex" ends.

I bought a couple of more fans for the front of the case, each one came with a small 3-pin plug that would fit on the headers on the motherboard if the wires were long enough. Each fan also came with an adapter consisting of a pair of "molex" plugs with a few inches of wire between them (one male, one female) and a longer wire with a 3-pin plug to match the small plug attached to the power supply.

So I plug the 2 connectors together for the case fans, and plug this into one of the long leads from the power supply. I plug the 2 extra adapters together and plug them into another connector on this lead from the power supply. Just to connect fans I end up with this big wad of large plastic plugs.

What I would like to do is to cut the big plugs off of the case fans and put on smaller plugs, then make up a harness with a single molex plug and 4 of the small 3-pin plugs. Is something like this available or is there a place to purchase the small connectors themselves?

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
followup-
I did a little searching on newegg and found a few cables that might help me, or at least I could use them for raw materials. Next time I'm in Fry's I'll look to see what they have.