[SOLVED] Need suggestions for new motherboard

Sep 1, 2020
Hi. I bought hp pavilion power desktop. U can look up for specs using serial number 4CE801303Y
My motherboard just fried. And new one hp is very expensive almost 400-500$ and that too will take like a month or two to get it delivered. I checked my pc parts in a shop. All parts working fine even processor (i5-7400) intel. Is fine. Gpu hdd cd etc all fine. Only motherboard burned. Due to voltage fluctuations in my home. Now I can only buy new motherboard. There was a replacement on eBay however that guy isn’t responding. I found several motherboards on amazon but mostly of 8th gen. My core is of 7th gen. Kindly advice wht motherboard to buy and also will I need to buy new core? If new core then ignore 7th gen. Kindly ignore casing psu etc as well.

Solution
If the board got fried due to voltage fulx, I think you're also going to need a new PSU as well. If you are looking for just a motherboard replacement, you can look at any B150 or B250 chipset motherboard out there.

You might want to run us by the links you've scoured so we understand if you're on the right track.

This is what your prebuilt system, is, correct?

Lutfij

Titan
If the board got fried due to voltage fulx, I think you're also going to need a new PSU as well. If you are looking for just a motherboard replacement, you can look at any B150 or B250 chipset motherboard out there.

You might want to run us by the links you've scoured so we understand if you're on the right track.

This is what your prebuilt system, is, correct?

Reactions: Cold2428
Solution
Sep 1, 2020

The shop guy said psu is also fine. But I’m concerned. Can u suggest me a link to new motherboard and do I need to buy new processor and psu (that is compatible with motherboard)??