[SOLVED] Need suggestions for resolving conflicting parts

graffspree

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I have a Dell Inspiron 5675 that has served me well for 1080p. I have upgraded to a 1440p (60Hz) monitor and purchased a RX 5700 XT. My dell has a 460W power supply. The card requires 600W min. I contacted Dell, and was willing to overpay for an upgraded PS because the rest of the components (Ryzen 7 1700, 16GB RAM, Dell MB are fine. Dell informs me that they have no upgradable PS. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do. Replace the PS with something non-Dell? I know nothing about power supplies. My first thought was to buy a motherboard and rip the parts out and put them in a ATX case, but compatible motherboards are in short supply and expensive.

I want to max the settings in my games.

Suggestions?

Not necessarily.
That Dell may well be proprietary. Both the PSU size and the actual connections to the motherboard.

I highly doubt it. While the exact Dell model is technically unknown here, all of Dell's cases use a standard ATX PSU configuration and expected plugs. Their PSUs are "customized" only in terms of exact required wattage and exact cable looming.

The motherboard may possibly be using a 20-pin instead of a 24-pin, but all PSU's 24-pins can be "broken" into 20-pin.