Question Need suggestions on a good headset

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Need help finding a GOOD gaming headset. it can be either a headset, open or closed doesnt matter. or a good pair of headphones / desktop mic combo. I just want good sound quality. I will probably be streaming in the future and i notice alot of streamers use Open back / desktop mics. is this the way to go?

Anyways just need some reccomendations so im not wasting my money. I saw a set of Arctis Pro + Game DAC on sale for $149 not sure if thsoe are worth teh money.

-Budget ~200 USD
-would prefer Open back since i felt like i had a hard time talking with the closed back. felt like i was yelling. but open to any reccomendations.
-ONLY gaming on PC so wired or wireless doesnt make a difference to me.
-I use a MSI b450 tomahawk MOBO with built in soundcard so if you think i need a USB soundcard or something please let me know.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Whatever you get don't get Razer Kraken/Pro. Outside gaming they're not good, not good for movies or music at all. Too much bass unless you tweak equalizers.

Build quality is abysmal too. I have a green one, bought nearly two years ago. After 5-6 months the green outer layer of the headband and the black cover of the cushions just started to peel off.