Need Suggestions on Motherboard/PSU

SirTerrabyte

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,

This is my first time posting here, and I tried looking for a similar question but no luck,I apologize if this has been asked before.

I am building my first Gaming rig although I'll be using it for Photoshop as well. I have most of the parts already:

Ordered:Samsung 1TB spinpoint / g9x Mouse/8gb G.SKILL RAM

Case:NXZT Fulltower

Now that parts I have not ordered yet:

GPU(ONE): EVGA 560 ti now, later possibly gtx 580 down the road.

PSU: Since I'm only using One GPU I figured a high quality Modular CORSAIR 650w should do it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

MOBO: Here's the problem I want to get a Motherboard that I can use the IVY BRIDGE and something that should be good for future upgrades(GPU,RAM,etc) with USB 3.0 and SATA 6gbs. Not too sure about everything else.

I was gonna get the i5 Sandy bridge with the Motherboard at the same time I can spend At little over $300 for this as well(perhaps a stretch)

I hear Asus,Gigabyte customer service is a nightmare so I'm as a standstill.

Many thanks to those who can help me.

I'd go for an antec or corsair in about 750 watts; check your favorite vender for price comparisons. Frys has the 2500K for $179.99 if you're lucky enough to live near one. I've used biostar and msi boards, which some folks trash, but I've had good luck with their service. Both brands seem to post without issues. It's always good to see that first post after a new build.

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
I have never had a problem with an ASUS motherboard, out of 30+ builds, so I have no experience with their customer service. I have found their website very helpful with updated drivers.

I built a system using an i7 2600 and a GTX580, and powered it with a Seasonic X-series 650W - it works just fine. The Corsair 650W should be enough, but it wouldn't hurt to use a 750W if you want to be extra safe.