need suggestions reliable AM2 motherboard no overclocking

yoyoman

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2007
So yea i need some help, i just need a good reliable am2 socket motherboard. i was looking on newegg and i saw a lot of people bought the asus m2n deluxe sli570i motherboard but then i saw that a lot of people had this motherboard fail on them after a couple of months or similiar problems. So i dont know what to do now very confused ~_~ dont know much about pcs. I'm looking for a motherboard for problably a atalon64x2 5200+ with a 7900gs video card and 2 gigs of ram. wouldn't be doing any overclocking since i dont know how to. I just wantsomething that i dont have to worry about it failing on me that will last me a pretty long time. I would be gaming mmorpgs on this thing almost like 24/7 keep that in mind ^^ please give me some suggestions on what board i could get :D

tlmck

Distinguished
Go with the Asus and the Nvidia chip set. I have heard this is a pretty good board. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131022
I would also disregard any Newegg reviews. If the boards were all that bad, Newegg would pull them off the shelves. And, if you read the reviews closely, many of them do not make any sense. One guy gave a MB a 1 star rating because he could only overclock his 1.8 MHz CPU to 3.4 GHz.

I have even had good luck buying "open box' items from Newegg. These items were bought, returned, then inspected and reboxed by Newegg. They have a 15 day warranty, although I have never had to return one. This is a bit dicey for some folks taste, but I have saved quite a few bucks over the years.

f61

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
For about $70US theres also the Biostar TF7025-M2 thats getting good reviews. Its also in my signature build to be ordered shortly. This board can be o/c'd if you eventually take the plunge. Has the nVidia controller, so your good there. Its a micro-ATX board, so it might get a little warm, nothing a case fan or two can't solve. edit==> OOps, I see you referenced an SLi board, this board is NOT SLi capable.

f61