Need the best help with components problem

jonne_aik

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Hello!

First of all, English isn't my first language, so sorry for bad English.

I've recently bought alot of new components to my computer but i keep getting performance problem with literally everything. With games it's alot of screen tearing but with high fps, like it's really bad. I have to play with the lowest resolution for lowest screen tearing but still seeing it.
I get high fps (around 300-400fps) but in fights it goes quick down to 200-250fps.

Only problem with FPS games: CSGO, PUBG and BF4.

Being online on the web i get problems running things like netflix, streams and so on. Really slow, sometimes i can hear the windows error sound *bluescreen* sound, but just for a moment.

Running streams/youtube while playing causes even more screen tearing.

And i really need your guys help since i just bought my new components like a week ago.

COMPUTER SPECCS:

CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake
PSU - Corsair 500w bronze
RAM - Corsair 16 GB DDR4 Red 3200MHz
GPU - Asus ROG Strix GeForce 1050 Ti 4GB
Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix Z270F
SSD - Kingston 120GB
HDD - 1TB
OS - Windows 10.1
Old Computer chassi, standard fans (3) but all working correct.
Monitor: 144hz

I've installed drivers like, windows updates, Nvidia and mothercard drivers.

Is there something i should add or replace? Or am i missing something? PLEASE HELP!

PS: Yes i've optimized windows for gaming, always defraging and searching for virus etc, i've tried the most things.

Solution
As stated your power supply looks a bit underpowered. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia drivers or through GeForce Experience you can go to drivers and reinstall. When you do choose custom install and then when it is ready choose Clean Install it will put the new driver on/back but wipe away traces of the old drivers. It is odd that it is through Netflix that the problems are arising as your card is not being taxed. But do try to go up to about a 750w powersupply from someone reputable like EVGA or Seasonic or Corsair but I would pick one of the first two.

jonne_aik

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I have never got bluescreen, but the sound you get before a bluescreen, the windows error sound. I'm getting that for like 1 second sometimes. When i'm using netflix or streams while playing a game. it comes back from time to time.

Elrik138

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
As stated your power supply looks a bit underpowered. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia drivers or through GeForce Experience you can go to drivers and reinstall. When you do choose custom install and then when it is ready choose Clean Install it will put the new driver on/back but wipe away traces of the old drivers. It is odd that it is through Netflix that the problems are arising as your card is not being taxed. But do try to go up to about a 750w powersupply from someone reputable like EVGA or Seasonic or Corsair but I would pick one of the first two.

Solution
3200MHz memory is for overclocking.
"k" CPU has unlocked multiplier for overclocking.

Old Computer chassi, standard fans (3)
If case has poor cooling you will have overheating problems. Case with better cooling and fans that move more air can be options.

i7-7700K has no cooler when purchased. Your choice of CPU cooler can also be a factor.

jonne_aik

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Thanks for all the replys!! I've now ordered a PSU Corsair RM750w PLUS Gold, it might be overkill but at this point i dont care.

Honestly it can also be the old chassi but my cpu is around 50-60 while playing a game, or 80 when a stream+game is on. Should i order a new chassi? (temp not high atm)

Netflix problem is still there, first second i turn something on netflix the entire screen flickers then going back to normal, just one time. But while playing a game plus watching netflix i get stutter laggs every 3 seconds, and bluescreen windows error sound when im tabbing down and up.

About nvidia, i always use clean installation on advance and only picking physx drive plus nvidia update drive.