[SOLVED] Need tips for a average gaming PC

bullkrek

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13704252

This is what this site says about my PC just read it before going down.

I've been wondering what does this site mean by:
The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD will yield far faster boot times, better system responsiveness and faster application load times.

AND

High background CPU (25%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. Find active processes with Windows task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).

If you can give me any tips on what to upgreade next because i get lags on some games, like BATTLEFIELD V which requres a good PC in which i get 50-60 fps even low on LOW.
Been thinking on bying a new CPU like i5-8600(Price is a bit high but), because mine isnt really good.
b]I'd Appreciate any help[/b]

Solution
I5 7600 or 7600k are the best i5s you can add

7700 or 7700k will both work as well

I'd try to buy any of them used at this point as it'll save a good bit of money

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So first, you need to turn off things you have running in the background before running a benchmark. It is indicating that 25% of your CPU is in use while you ran the bench with background processes. This may be causing low performance in game as well, since your "whole" CPU isn't free to the game.

An SSD is faster access than a HDD or Hybrid. The recommendation is to move your OS over to the SSD and then use the HDD as your storage solution.

Otherwise, turn off all the background stuff and try again. You will see improvement there alone.

Reactions: bullkrek

adam19255

Respectable
Dec 13, 2018
1. It says that you should move windows to the SSD so it will boot faster.
2. Your CPU was 25% in use when you did the benchmark.

You CPU is very bad I just have to say that... you can't upgrade to an 8600 because your motherboard doesn't support it, the best upgrade you can do with this motherboard is to buy an 7700 - https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-7700-Desktop-Processor-Cores/dp/B01N0L41N7/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1547150599&sr=8-3&keywords=7700&linkCode=ll1&tag=xm3a06-20&linkId=bb13ee85e2303c5ab2430362b918a1dd&language=en_US

bullkrek

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
But...i dont get it upgreading from 2 cores to 4 cores and the same threads ? Does it make a diffrence i have to ask because im not this good in PC building

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador

TRENDING THREADS