[SOLVED] Need to buy mobo. Specs in post.

5hubham

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
Hello, my mobo (ASUS Prime B350 MA) broke and now I need your help in buying a new one.

Specs:
Ryzen 3 1300x
Gtx 1050ti
Coolermaster 350W PSU
Vengeance DDR4 2400Hz 8gb RAM
500GB WD HDD

I use it mostly for gaming. Please suggest a mobo compatible with this build. I plan on upgrading the build in the future so pls keep that in mind. Budget is 130$ max. Also, does the PSU have enough wattage?

Thank you.

Solution
Hello, my mobo (ASUS Prime B350 MA) broke and now I need your help in buying a new one.

Specs:
Ryzen 3 1300x
Gtx 1050ti
Coolermaster 350W PSU
500GB WD HDD

I use it mostly for gaming. Please suggest a mobo compatible with this build. I plan on upgrading the build in the future so pls keep that in mind. Budget is 130$ max. Also, does the PSU have enough wattage?

Thank you.

You should be fine going for a B450 motherboard - they still have support for Ryzen 1st gen processors (whilst also having full support for Ryzen 3000 with a bios update and should be getting Ryzen 4000 series support as well).

PSU is enough for your current components (just) but isn't going to handle anything more powerful, so...

Specs:
Ryzen 3 1300x
Gtx 1050ti
Coolermaster 350W PSU
500GB WD HDD

Thank you.

You should be fine going for a B450 motherboard - they still have support for Ryzen 1st gen processors (whilst also having full support for Ryzen 3000 with a bios update and should be getting Ryzen 4000 series support as well).

PSU is enough for your current components (just) but isn't going to handle anything more powerful, so you would need to invest in something stronger, ideally a good quality 500 - 600W unit if you plan on upgrading your gpu or cpu.

Edit: Don't buy a newer B550 motherboard as those boards have no support at all for 1st gen Ryzen cpu's (unless you want to upgrade your cpu at the same time to say a Ryzen 3 3100).

Reactions: 5hubham
Solution

5hubham

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
How can I check for 'clean n steady' power?
350w...Coolermaster. Not a highly regarded combination around here.

If it's still putting out clean, steady power it should work (barely) but consider upgrading that very soon just to avoid catastrophe.

Why do you consider your current B350 motherboard 'broken', btw?
How do I check for 'clean and steady' power?

I cleaned it using paint brush with a little too much force.

How can I check for 'clean n steady' power?

How do I check for 'clean and steady' power?

I cleaned it using paint brush with a little too much force.
Look at the +12v rails in HWInfo sensor screen. It should vary only a little bit is processing loads come on and go away, especially really heavy loads like a CPUz stress test. If it's moving around wildly dropping to 11.5V or lower and up to 12.5V or higher...then it's at the limits of it's ability to regulate. That could be due to either poor quality, overloaded or tired with aged components; maybe even all three.

5hubham

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017

PSU is enough for your current components (just) but isn't going to handle anything more powerful, so you would need to invest in something stronger, ideally a good quality 500 - 600W unit if you plan on upgrading your gpu or cpu.

Edit: Don't buy a newer B550 motherboard as those boards have no support at all for 1st gen Ryzen cpu's (unless you want to upgrade your cpu at the same time to say a Ryzen 3 3100).

Thank you for the suggestion.

5hubham

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
Look at the +12v rails in HWInfo sensor screen. It should vary only a little bit is processing loads come on and go away, especially really heavy loads like a CPUz stress test. If it's moving around wildly dropping to 11.5V or lower and up to 12.5V or higher...then it's at the limits of it's ability to regulate. That could be due to either poor quality, overloaded or tired with aged components; maybe even all three.
Alright, thanks a lot!

TRENDING THREADS