[SOLVED] Need to buy today CPU COOLER for intel 11th generation

May 22, 2021
Hey guys
I wondering if to get the i7 11700k or i5 11600k
I would love to OC the cpu to 4.8 or 5Ghz (the i5 11600k)
I have the 590z msi motherboard

I have this cooler
enermax ets-t40fit cpu
Is that cooler is anough for mild OC?
If not please recommend me a good cpu cooler
As I'm going now to micro Center in Brooklyn to buy some hardware
Nothing crazy I just need to buy a good CPU cooler for this processor
AND I DON'T WANT A WATER COOLER PLEASE

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Why not try the cooler first and see how you do?
In a well ventilated case,it should do ok.

You might reconsider the merits of overclocking.
Adding voltage to get high performance on all cores generates heat and requires a good cooler.
Overclocking is best for multithreaded apps where all cores will be fully loaded. Not so much for gaming.

The normal turbo mechanism will increase the performance of a couple of cores to 4.9/5.0 when you need them and conditions permit. Conditions do get better with a good cooler.

If you want the best in air coolers, look at the noctua NH-D15s.

Adding voltage to get high performance on all cores generates heat and requires a good cooler.
Overclocking is best for multithreaded apps where all cores will be fully loaded. Not so much for gaming.

The normal turbo mechanism will increase the performance of a couple of cores to 4.9/5.0 when you need them and conditions permit. Conditions do get better with a good cooler.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
May 22, 2021

Thx for your response
For your question I already got the i5-11600K but I I'm not very happy with it so I want to change to i7 11600k I'm not sure yet
I think also the cpu individually has a bad performance
This is look like a good cpu
Is that gonna make a big difference on OC compared to the cooler I have now?

You might want to try that on and see how your temps are on both idle and load. I would ofc, suggest an AIO, like pretty much a lot of poeple out there but not in the 240mm range, something larger like 280 or a 360.
Thx for your response
what is this cooler??
I never saw something like this before
+ it look sooo difficult to install
Please guys give me something not too crazy
This think gonna take me a whole day to install it
time is money

Are you playing games with a GPU fast enough at 1080P (2080 Super/3070 or above) where a couple hundred extra MHz on a CPU will actually see an FPS gain?

Most GPUs below that caliber are all fairly saturated anyway...

The 11th gens running overclocked can seemingly run quite hot...

I'd look for reviews by Hardware Unboxed (on Youtube) and simply copy their upper-end mainstream cooling solution....

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
None of the 'good' large air coolers use LED fans.
Zalman's CNPS20X has a little bit on the frame of the fan. It's 173mm tall, but if you're not using low profile ram, this can go up to 184mm.
Deepcool's AS500 has some around the spoiler that's on top of the heatsink. It's 164mm tall.

I do hope you know how much total clearance you have available for an air cooler...

May 22, 2021
None of the 'good' large air coolers use LED fans.
Zalman's CNPS20X has a little bit on the frame of the fan. It's 173mm tall, but if you're not using low profile ram, this can go up to 184mm.
Deepcool's AS500 has some around the spoiler that's on top of the heatsink. It's 164mm tall.

I do hope you know how much total clearance you have available for an air cooler...
Sorry I mean light not LED
any fan that got light on it will be great
And I can't find none of those options u sent me on micro Center