[SOLVED] Need to choose between two monitors

Azmain Iqtidar

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Help me choose one of the following monitor i want to get.

1. AOC I2281FWH AH-IPS full hd
2.Dell SE2219HX FULL-HD Monitor

both are 1080p 60hz. which should i buy?

Solution

Looking at them side by side, they are almost identical in size & features. I'd personally go with the AOC. It has 1ms faster response rate, an audio out jack, and what looks like better overall reviews (from what I can find) I also think the AOC just has a cleaner "look" to it as well over the Dell. Looks like the Dell does have the blue light filter feature, which the AOC doesn't, but stop using the monitor 30-60 mins before bed and you should be good. (Blue light effects your circadian rhythm, your overall tiredness) Win10 has it's own Blue Light filter and...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Looking at them side by side, they are almost identical in size & features. I'd personally go with the AOC. It has 1ms faster response rate, an audio out jack, and what looks like better overall reviews (from what I can find) I also think the AOC just has a cleaner "look" to it as well over the Dell. Looks like the Dell does have the blue light filter feature, which the AOC doesn't, but stop using the monitor 30-60 mins before bed and you should be good. (Blue light effects your circadian rhythm, your overall tiredness) Win10 has it's own Blue Light filter and you can download various apps as well as buying an actual screen you put in front of your monitor.

Solution

Azmain Iqtidar

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Looking at them side by side, they are almost identical in size & features. I'd personally go with the AOC. It has 1ms faster response rate, an audio out jack, and what looks like better overall reviews (from what I can find) I also think the AOC just has a cleaner "look" to it as well over the Dell. Looks like the Dell does have the blue light filter feature, which the AOC doesn't, but stop using the monitor 30-60 mins before bed and you should be good. (Blue light effects your circadian rhythm, your overall tiredness) Win10 has it's own Blue Light filter and you can download various apps as well as buying an actual screen you put in front of your monitor.
another question i have an asus vx 229h monitor already. should i replace it with the above dell or aoc?will it give enough quality when playing the upcoming games?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
another question i have an asus vx 229h monitor already. should i replace it with the above dell or aoc?will it give enough quality when playing the upcoming games?

Hi @Azmain Iqtidar,

If you already have an Asus vx 229h monitor and it's working fine, I don't see much reason to buy one of the others as they are all very similar in performance & size. If you insist on buying a new monitor, then I'd still suggest the AOC, but like I said, if your current monitor is working fine, there's really no need to replace it. I saw you had a post elsewhere here asking about upgrading your PC. Have you bought the new parts yet?