[SOLVED] Need to choose RAM for Ryzen 5600X

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hello, I made my order for a Ryzen5 5600X and MSI MPG gaming plus motherboard b550.
I game allot, but I also do photo editing, some video edit, youtube and lots of PowerPoint, ARCGIS, Vensim and some other applications because am at my final years for Environmentalist (Bsc) and I am also a photographer.
I originally added 2x16 gigs of ram at 3600 cl18 by Corsair, my order HAVENT shipped yet and I was considering 64 gigs of ram instead of 32. My stuff will be shipped at 10th of January
(for cpu cooling I have options for Be Quiet, I could get dark rock 4 pro aircooling, but I think its best to go with an AIO - silent loop 2 280)

Unfortunately my options are only for Corsair as my retailer sells that only. Do not suggest me other brands such G.SKILL, I know these, but my options are Corsair.
Shall I buy 2x32 gigs at 3200 cl16 and boost it a bit at 3333 or 3466 speeds via overclocking, or pick 2x32 gigs of ram at 3600 and cl18.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, I made my order for a Ryzen5 5600X and MSI MPG gaming plus motherboard b550.
I game allot, but I also do photo editing, some video edit, youtube and lots of PowerPoint, ARCGIS, Vensim and some other applications because am at my final years for Environmentalist (Bsc) and I am also a photographer.
I originally added 2x16 gigs of ram at 3600 cl18 by Corsair, my order HAVENT shipped yet and I was considering 64 gigs of ram instead of 32. My stuff will be shipped at 10th of January

Unfortunately my options are only for Corsair as my retailer sells that only. Do not suggest me other brands such G.SKILL, I know these, but my options are Corsair.
Shall I buy 2x32 gigs at 3200 cl16 and boost it a bit at 3333 or 3466 speeds via...

Shall I buy 2x32 gigs at 3200 cl16 and boost it a bit at 3333 or 3466 speeds via overclocking, or pick 2x32 gigs of ram at 3600 and cl18.
2x32 or 2 kits of 4x16gb at 3600 c18 is okay, the imc is strong enough to run at that speed. Patriot Black Out have a good 3600 cl17 kit at cheap price if you want to consider.

Reactions: orifiel
Solution

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
My seller called me today motherboard came MSI B550 MPG GAMING PLUS, I asked him to change the ram into 2x32gigs cl16 at 3200 the timings look very promising for some extra boost CMT64GX4M2C3200C16, cas 16-18-18-36

I also ordered Bequiet silent base 802 black with TG window and Shadow Rock 3 white edition. I need some research before I buy an AIO, I took something that will last for many many years (shadow rock 3 white) and it is beautiful.

In most of the things I do, 64 gigs is an overkill but some things I also do need ram and it is also feature proof for games and stuff.
And that is that my new rig!! I will make it black and white rig, cooler white and with white LEDs in a dark case... And I made some research for 4 pin white fans to replace the ones the case have (I think they are 3 pin fans).

Last edited:
cl16 at 3200
Probably the same as 3600 at cl18, almost no difference in latency, but bandwith wise 3600 c18 is faster. what is promising is if the 3200 is on CL14. sorry but it's not very promising UNLESS the chip/ic you got there is a real Samsung B Die (not C die that got renamed to B) or a good Hynix CJR/DJR. they both known for the best overclocking capability, as well good at tight timings. DL with your new system anywasy :D

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I ve checked the QVL of the motherboard and it is not included, so I have to change. This ram is inside QVL CMH64GX4M2E3200C16 and I searched it is Micron-B or E (thats what it says I think... ) My motherboard says Micron - B but Gigabyte motherboard says Micron-E (I love crucial memories they are original, so I would love it to be MICRON), so I may go with that.

I cannot risk buying something nearly 400 euro and it runs in lower clocks, so I will changed the ram model I ordered.

Yesterday I received my motherboard, in 2 days I am getting my pc case (Silent base 802 TG window black) and my cpu air cooler (Shadow Rock 3 White). Only CPU and RAM pending. The distributor told us that soon prices will go up due to luck of chips. Meaning my motherboard that I already got, price went up a bit.

Last edited:
I ve checked the QVL of the motherboard and it is not included, so I have to change. This ram is inside QVL CMH64GX4M2E3200C16 and I searched it is Micron-B or E (thats what it says I think... ) My motherboard says Micron - B but Gigabyte motherboard says Micron-E (I love crucial memories they are original, so I would love it to be MICRON), so I may go with that.
QVL is the very bare minimum of that ram could be run at the stock or at xmp speed with no problem on that motherboard, and isn't always the indicator of it will be a succeed attempt to run it, YMMV. just if you could, buy a higher clock ram if the price between your ram is not that much, like 3200mhz and 3600mhz in my country only differs by $10 or less (cl16 for 3200 and cl18 for 3600 respectively). Ryzen love high speed ram, and lower latency, since how it works. Better to do it 1:1 between MCLK and FCLK, high speed ram and low latency, for the most performance ^^

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
ok final call, I am between these models. I may pick 32 gigs and not 64 whch is allot, YES i do run some environmental programs and I do load lots of web-tabs and word /excel/Powerpoint and I do game allot mmos and other, also photo editing . Give me your vote... Since I offer up to 400 euro for ram sticks, If i chose 32 gigs I have some air of getting fast versions.

32 gigs - 2x16GB CMN32GX4M2Z4000C18 VENGEANCE RGB RT (IT IS NOT in my motherboard QVL)

32 gigs - 2x16GB CMH32GX4M2K4000C18 VENGEANCE RGB SL

32 gigs - 2x16GB CMK32GX4M2G4000C19 lpx version without RGB and cl19

64 gigs - 2x32GB CMK64GX4M2D3600C18 LPX version without rgb and NOT IN QVL

64 gigs - 2x32GB CMW64GX4M2D3600C18 RGB PRO (IT IS THE ONLY RAM INSIDE QVL)

64 GIGS 2x32GB CMN64GX4M2Z3600C18 RT version NOT in QVL

As far as I get it, RT version is designed for Ryzen in mind and RS is designed for both Intel and AMD.

Dont forget I already got my motherboard and it is the following in the image below. Waiting for cpu, cooler, pc case and ram. I also ordered from GELID solutions the am4 protection bracket. It is posted today from Hong Kong.

View: https://imgur.com/YOM99px

Last edited:
64 gigs - 2x32GB CMW64GX4M2D3600C18 RGB PRO (IT IS THE ONLY RAM INSIDE QVL)

64 GIGS 2x32GB CMN64GX4M2Z3600C18 RT version NOT in QVL
Difference between these 64gigs stick are likely on the subtimings and the optimal guranteed will work on ryzen. if i were you i would just pick the cheapest between those 3 64gigs. once done and built, update to the latest bios, and enable the xmp, and call it a day.

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for your help. I entered corsair website and they also have their own QVL and my motherboard QVL. I also searched in Reddit user comments and already existing topics.

It seems, I am not very certain but as data up to date indicates MSI does not do well with Corsair rams, people dont like them much either. Well I am in a consideration of buying from another seller Crucial Balistix 32gigs at 3600Mhz (because there is no 64gig sets right now from Crucial) at CL16 and case closed! And they are cheaper than the corsair rams. My final decision will be as soon as Monday because the other parts are already here or they coming.

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
ok all parts are ready to be assembled, except the ram. Crucial have issues with delays, so what I did is, I ordered my ram 32gigs c16 @ 3600, but I also bought one dim of ram very very cheap just to hold me until my ram arrives, from ADATA 8 gigs @ 3200.

I also puchased an OK gaming mouse from AOC g500, but I also have a logitech hero 502 SE. As for PSU, I have a platinum corsair modular 850w

View: https://imgur.com/cvYdiFb

ok all parts are ready to be assembled, except the ram. Crucial have issues with delays, so what I did is, I ordered my ram 32gigs c16 @ 3600, but I also bought one dim of ram very very cheap just to hold me until my ram arrives, from ADATA 8 gigs @ 3200.

I also puchased an OK gaming mouse from AOC g500, but I also have a logitech hero 502 SE. As for PSU, I have a platinum corsair modular 850w

View: https://imgur.com/cvYdiFb
i hope you enjoyed your rig, also dont forget to update your bios to the latest :D

orifiel

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
everything was ready to go, even the cheap ram was recognized as advertised 8gigs @ 3200 without any profiles. It was flawless. I love the cpu it is always 0-1% of use and 24c
Haven’t played any games yet, but I am happy with it. I loaded win10 edu in a samsung 850pro ssd. I also have an option for win11 from university but it needs 4gigs for that alone, so I will wait for my official ram to arrive.

My only issue is the mouse, every 10 seconds cursor freezes then unfreezes. Same applies to keyboard. But thats a windows 10 thing I think, I will have a look into this.

thanks.
(bellow image is with pc case closed panels and stock fans (2 front, 1 back)

after edit - I googled the issue with mouse and keyb and I run the sfc/scannow command. It seems ok now but I will monitor it.

View: https://i.imgur.com/Aa2CBhq.jpg

View: https://imgur.com/Aa2CBhq

Last edited:
everything was ready to go, even the cheap ram was recognized as advertised 8gigs @ 3200 without any profiles.
Because it uses Native 3200mhz jedec spec.

My only issue is the mouse, every 10 seconds cursor freezes then unfreezes. Same applies to keyboard. But thats a windows 10 thing I think, I will have a look into this.
You could try to flash the bios to the latest and install the latest amd chipset driver from amd page, and see if it works.

TRENDING THREADS