frankzapp

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2005
I have a problem, I have an opprotunity to buy a new pc but I cannot decide which one to get. Can you guys help me decide? Please.

PC #1
P4 570
MOBO INTEL 925XE
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
256MB X850XT PE
320GB (160GB x 2) 7,200 RPM HD

PC #2
AMD 64 3500
MOBO nForce 4 SLI
1GB Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz(2X 512)
1 GeForce™ 6800 Ultra PCI Express 256MB (i might buy another one later...maybe)
240GB (120GB x 2) 7200rpm HD

I saved up enough cash to get either one of these and I really dont wanna have to buy another pc for at least 4 years. I dont plan to OC anything. Which one of these would be the best investment? I play PC games alot and also plan to do office work on the PC.

frankzapp

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2005
I think I would have to wait like 2 years till i got the second card. Would instaling the second card be easy? It is possible to do that right?

endyen

Splendid
Yes, and it is easy, it's the first card I was talking about. They are on backorder everywhere. From what I've heard, you could make a great system from selling one of them. People have paid twice retail for them.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I wouldn't even USE the first system, let alone pay money for it. Prescotts are just so hot, and draw so much power, there's no good reason to use one. I'm running a Northwood right now and would NOT consider replacing it with a "faster" Prescott, it would probably be running throttled most of the time I actually pushed it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>