Need to decide between 2 builds

Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
I already have an Zotac Nvidia 1080 8GB and I'm trying to decide between 2 options for mobo, cpu and RAM.
Ok here goes:
1st build:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K 6x 3.60GHz
MoBo: Gigabyte H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Black / White DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

2nd build:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 6x 2.80GHz BOX
MoBo: Gigabyte H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Black / White DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit

My main question is if the 1st build is worth the 100$ more for gaming.
I dont care about overclocking so getting a Z series motherboard is worthless for me. I know that the 8600K is an overclockable processor but I'm mainly asking because the core speed is higher and it has higher turbo boost at 4.3 Ghz
I play on 1080p and I just want stable 60 fps on heavy cpu usage games.

Solution
First of all, a gtx1080 is an overkill for 1080p. But, thats for now. In the long run, it can last more at that resolution as game tech. progresses down the line.
A CPU has the most effect at lower resolution, but its primary job is to not to limit the card and compliment it in its performance fully. As for the processors you have chosen, they both compliment the card nicely. But in the long run, the 8600k will give you more juice specially if you upgrade to a higher spec. or card. Specially so when you overclock it. Now you might shy away from it, and will not be even needing it for now, but lets say 4-5yrs down the line when you need more firepower, its a pretty handy feature to have. That clock speed can be the difference between...

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Most CPU intensive games care about high core speed, not 4+ core count (unless DX12 or Vulkan), which 8600K has. Also, consider buying a Z370 MB if your keeping this system for more than 2 years as Intel K series CPUs are highly overclockable. (Highest 8600K OC is 5.3Ghz). In the long run, 100$ more is not that much.

As for your question, in my opinion, it is. As I don't like upgrading my CPU too much. I just swap to a better GPU and be done with the upgrade.

First of all, a gtx1080 is an overkill for 1080p. But, thats for now. In the long run, it can last more at that resolution as game tech. progresses down the line.
A CPU has the most effect at lower resolution, but its primary job is to not to limit the card and compliment it in its performance fully. As for the processors you have chosen, they both compliment the card nicely. But in the long run, the 8600k will give you more juice specially if you upgrade to a higher spec. or card. Specially so when you overclock it. Now you might shy away from it, and will not be even needing it for now, but lets say 4-5yrs down the line when you need more firepower, its a pretty handy feature to have. That clock speed can be the difference between having this build for 3yrs vs lets say 5yrs. And if that extra $100 can give you 2yrs more, its not a bad investment.

Solution