• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Need to know good cooler in decent price range for - ASRock X99 Extreme4-LGA 2011-v3 + Intel i7 5820k processor

dewdrops005

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have ASRock X99 Extreme4-LGA 2011-v3 motherboard along with a Intel i7-5820k processor. I will use the system only for application programming and running virtualisation software like Vmware etc. No games will be played in this system whatsoever. Can you guys tell me if I would require any cooler or a heat sink or both for this processor and motherboard? If yes, then could you suggest me a good option with decent price range.

Thanks,
Dewdrops

sammy sung

Admirable
May 5, 2014
Just note that the suggested H5 would actually be quite a bit better suited to this platform. I've used a 212 Evo with my 5930K and it mirrors what I've read in various other testaments regarding the 5820K/5930K. It should handle it at stock clocks, though it'd be far from ideal if overclocking were in mind.

Overall it's kind of like putting ketchup on steak. You're taking a high end enthusiast/production minded grade platform then slapping a budget cooler on it.