Need to know what mobo to buy before I order in the next two hours

Javno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
I own a P5W DH Mobo but due to a bios failure it has died. For now I need a new mobo and need some recommendations.

As I’m getting a new Q6600 and an 8800GT, a mobo that can accommodate these =straight out of the box would be great. Also, I would like one with a modern chipset that will be able to handle the latest 9ntel CPUs for the next few years and is easily overclockable.

At the moment I’m thinking getting one with SLi but I’m afraid the nForce chipset won’t be as good as the X38 chipset.

Thanks

Javno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Also, to add, I would prefer Asus because its my favourite brand but also because of the Ezraid function. Hopefully having this on the new board will mean I don't have to install windows, etc, again =)

If you want SLI you could get the EVGA 680i. Be aware you will have some minor problems overclocking the Q6600 and it won't be compatible with Yorkfield most likely.
Be aware you can buy a new Bios chip from Asus for about $20.00 and save you old motherboard.

Javno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
I know, but I wouldn't know how to install it. My plan is to see if I can get it repaired or replaced my Asus and then sell it on.

Javno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Okay. Just ordered a Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-AP "Black Pearl" Special Edition. I'm hoping its gonna be a good one =)