Need to plug and unplug the ethernet cable for connection

Needhelp2253

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Help me please, there's a thunderstorm at our place last Saturday and then our router broke and my desktop can't connect to the internet. i suspected that the lightning affected my ethernet port, but i'm not so sure because the port isn't dead, when i connect the ethernet cable it will light on and off and the internet icon will be connected and not connected, i tried several methods, bought new router, new ethernet cable, usb network adaptor, uninstall and reinstall the network in device manager but nothing works! yesterday i bought the USB network adaptor and installed it's software then i tried again to reconnect the ethernet cable and it suddenly worked! but today after i opened my pc the connection is not connecting again so what i did is unplugged the ethernet cable and plugged it again and it is working! but whenever i restart my pc i need to unplugged and plugged the ethernet cable again just to connect to the internet. what do you think is the problem and how can i fix it?

Update:
i tried the adapter and the old ethernet cable to one of our PC and it works just fine.