Need to reboot system minimum 3 times before i can load windows.

Moogz

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
Hi, this is my first time posting so i'll try do my best to give as much information as possible

OS Drive: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
RAM: 16GB Ripjaws
ODD : LG Blu-Ray Drive
CPU: i7 4770K
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 OC
MOBO: ASROCK Z87 Extreme6

So the problem is whenever i turn on the computer , i have to turn it on and load to the "Starting Windows " Screen, let it hang for about 30 seconds and then hold down the power button and turn it off and on (for some reason i don't think pressing reset works) . I have to do this 3 times before windows will actually load.

Not sure if this is related, but occasionally my LAN connection also randomly drops out and i have to reset the connection using ipconfig . (this motherboard has 2 ports and i've tried both with new cables and still the same problem happens). I also have downloaded the latest drivers from the website

UPDATE:

If i boot from Last known good configuration from the first boot it works 100% of the time.

f-14

Distinguished
as of march, no, you generally have to wait for a new driver or find a windows qualified microsoft approved driver, which after this amount of time could possibly be available now. it's worth checking windows update today.