Need to recreate pagefile

Mike

Splendid

We have a corrupt page file and need to recreate it.

What is the process to do this? Do you simply delete the
pagefile and then reboot and a new pagefile gets
automatically recreated?

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1bd2f01c420ef
$e792b2c0$a101280a@phx.gbl:

> We have a corrupt page file and need to recreate it.
>
> What is the process to do this? Do you simply delete the
> pagefile and then reboot and a new pagefile gets
> automatically recreated?

The page file is in use and can't be deleted in Windows. The easiest
thing to do is move to another drive and move it back. Go to System
Properties, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced and then choose
Change on Virtual memory. Set to 0 on C and create on another drive. If
you only have one drive you can just set it to 0 but there can be a
problem booting then depending on memory. Instead I would delete it from
recovery console

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255205

Leonard Severt

Windows 2000 Server Setup Team