Question Need to remove the battery and reinstall windows every time i shut down the PC.

Jun 11, 2022
Hi.
I built a PC with the following hardware a couple days ago :
-Corsair 80plus gold
-i5 12600 12th gen ,
-Tuf gaming B660 plus wifi D4
Everything works fine until i decide to shut down the PC.
I have to actually remove the battery and reinstall windows every time i shut down the PC otherwise all i get is a black screen.
I can restart it without any issue after installing windows but i soon as i shut it down, it's over, i have to remove the battery, put it back in, and reinstall windows again.
I replaced the CR2032 battery with a new one and updated the Bios just in case but it didn't do the trick.
Not sure what causes it... never had that issue before.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi.
I bought the following set up a couple days ago :
-Corsair 80plus gold
-i5 12600 12th gen ,
I have to actually remove the battery and reinstall windows every time i shut down the PC otherwise all i get is a black screen.
I can restart it without any issue after installing windows but i soon as i shut it down, it's over, i have to remove the battery, put it back in, and reinstall windows again.
I replaced the CR2032 battery with a new one and updated the Bios just in case but it didn't do the trick.
If it's a prebuilt return it not your problem.

Hi.
I built a PC with the following hardware a couple days ago :
-Corsair 80plus gold
-i5 12600 12th gen ,
How can you install windows you don't have any disk or ram?
Is there a gpu in the mix?

Jun 11, 2022
I'm using the integrated gpu
and yeah i forgot to mention the 16gig of ram, (kingston fury)
Anyways, it seems like updating windows did the trick. I can shut down the PC and turn it back on without any issue now.
You can mark it as solved.

Reactions: Blackink