Need to replace dying gtx570

chucksc2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Card is dying, lots of artifacts to the point screen is unintelligible at times during gaming (even dota 2 which is not very usage heavy). I want to replace it for the best value. Ideally I'd like to hold off a new build as long as possible, but I also want to be able to run newer games (e.g. Fallout 4) at a reasonable level.

I'd appreciate advice on what I should be looking at to replace this gpu and how long I can expect this updated rig to stay relevant.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: asap

BUDGET RANGE: Less than 400 but looking for the best value

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming. Mainly dota 2 (not heavy), Fallout 4, starcraft 2

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
Mobo: Asustekk P8Z68-V Pro GEN3
Processor: Intel core i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30 GHz
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Case: NZXT Phantom full tower case

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: amazon, newegg, but open to anything. Located in US
PARTS PREFERENCES: none
OVERCLOCKING: no/maybe. Never tried it.
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: maybe
MONITOR RESOLUTION: two at 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I appreciate any advice.

Solution
The two obvious choices are either the GTX 970 or the R9 390. The GTX 970 uses less power and is all you need for 1080p and is from NVidia if you want to stay with them. On the other hand the R9 390 has 8GB VRAM vs 4GB, and tends to perform better than the 970 at resolutions above 1080p. Apart from that they are both great GPUs for around the $280- $350 depending on which make you choose.

I see you give your preferred websites, I always look at Newegg as they seem the best. I don't like recommending the actual card I think you should get as you may have a manufacture you prefer.
The two obvious choices are either the GTX 970 or the R9 390. The GTX 970 uses less power and is all you need for 1080p and is from NVidia if you want to stay with them. On the other hand the R9 390 has 8GB VRAM vs 4GB, and tends to perform better than the 970 at resolutions above 1080p. Apart from that they are both great GPUs for around the $280- $350 depending on which make you choose.

I see you give your preferred websites, I always look at Newegg as they seem the best. I don't like recommending the actual card I think you should get as you may have a manufacture you prefer.

Solution