Need to replace Intel Hd 530 Graphics Card

DCrez

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Need to order an upgrade of this graphics card and not sure which one to get. The processor is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz. Thanks in advance!

Uhmmm.....The HD530 is a graphics processor integrated into the CPU.

So that I get that right, are you looking for recommendations for dedicated graphic cards?

If so, what mainboard, case and PSU do you have? (Corsair 500W is not enough information)
Is it for gaming or for professional applications?
What's your budget & location?

DCrez

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Okay, so I would have to get a new CPU? Someone I know is getting black screens of death and we were told to order a new graphics card. The budget can be anything as long as its an upgraded CPU other than the one we got. Sorry if there is any confusion.

Best thing would be to throw in a dedicated graphics card. Meaning...Well an actual graphics card.
.Which one depends on your needs and your system.

I honestly doubt the issue you're describing is due to a defective integrated graphics but what do I know.

If you could answer the questions asked above it would help a great lot giving you profound help.

DCrez

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

I have no idea what the specs are other than the CPU I posted. It is for professional work. My client works from two monitors and she will open excel with large files and the computer will crash and one monitor will have a black screen and the other a blue screen. She will then have to restart and it will work again for another 30 minutes to an hour before it crashes again. We are just going to get a new CPU or graphics card so we don't have to worry about this. Thanks in advance!

I'd support the idea of an issue other than the integrated graphics.
But if you are realy eager to get a new card, get the cheapest PCIe card available on your place.
Probably something like a GT 610/710 or HD 6450/R7 220.
Also make sure the card actually fits in the machine. To me the setup sounds like a typical office machine and quite an amount of these only support low-profile cards.