[SOLVED] Need to reset PC every time when booting in order to show display.

Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys, been lurking around here for very long time and finally registered as I can't seem to find answer for this weird problem.

I just changed motherboard recently and all of sudden if I were power on my PC from off state, there is no display whatsoever but PC is running and I had to press the reset button which then the display will appear, works fine when restarting the PC too but if I were to shut it down for some time and turn it on again, the problem persist and had to press the reset button for the display to show up.

I'm using HDMI connection with GTX 1050 Ti using default settings in the BIOS.

Oct 30, 2019
What motherboard/cpu do you have?

If there's an option in the bios to set display priority, try changing it to pcie or peg instead of auto.
Asus Prime B250M-A, i5-7400

I went to change it to pcie but it automatically switch back to auto in the bios despite using a good cmos battery, turns out I might have a faulty gpu cause I decided to test with igpu and it was ok.

I'm trying to get another graphic card to test and hope it was the card not pcie slot that was faulty.

Oct 30, 2019
Oh ok. You did click save on exit yeah?

Let us know how you go with another card.
Finally received another card and I believe the previous card was definitely faulty as the current works great without any problem when booting from off state.

Thanks for helping.

TRENDING THREADS