DeadlyD

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
The problem is, the disc isnt big enough! The OS is 8GB and i only have disc with 4.7 GB of memory. So is their anyway i can like save it to those disc in 2 parts or something? I also have a external hard drive with like 200 gb of memory. Would it be possible for me to make that like an installion hard drive or something?

DeadlyD

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Sigh...hunter i saved Windows 7 to a disc and installed it. So you can infact save it to another disc...it does work that way. I never said save my CURRENT OS to a disc.

If you got the ISO from a legit source(torrents dont count) it should be smaller than a DVD, if it isnt you will need to locate a dual layer DVD and burn it onto that, which operating system are you trying to put on the DVD?

The issue i was having was with your wording, most people save something that have installed, and burn an ISO to a disc, sorry for the confusion.

DeadlyD

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Mac OS X leopard is the one im trying to save.

I already have a ISO Burner(that i used to put windows 7 on a disc) i just dont have a big enough disc which leads me back to my orginally question. Can i use like 2 disc or something for installion?(like 2 parts) Can i save the OS to a external hard drive and use that as like a OS installion disc? Or does it HAVE to be a dvd