I have probably a very simple question, but I would like to run a full back
up because I am sending in my Laptop for repair. How do I do it?

In news:0AF5F90A-5DA2-43D0-B78F-DFF240EF7A58@microsoft.com,
Donny Boy! <DonnyBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have probably a very simple question, but I would like to run a
> full back up because I am sending in my Laptop for repair. How do I
> do it?

You can use the built-in NTBackup program (installed by default in Pro, you
must install it in Home provided your CD has it....some OEM CDs may not). Or
you can copy your My Documents folder, your profile folder, whatnot, to the
medium of your choice - burn a CD, copy to an external hard drive, etc.

What hardware do you have available to do this? I agree it's a very
important thing to do before sending your laptop in for repair - and a good
idea to do regularly anyway. Just in case.