Question Need To Touch Up Paint On Backplate

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
I discovered some minor scratches on my backplate and I need the exact match of paint to use touch up paint on my backplate. Where would I find paint to do this? The backplate looks like this.
Also if your wondering where the scratches are, this photo is a photo I found online of my graphics card. I did not take this picture.

msi-4.jpg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Go to your local hobby shop or hardware store and have them match it directly.

MSI will surely know, but I doubt they will tell you.

Might be simplest to just paint it. Replicating that brushed finish is going to be tricky.

And at that point it might be cheaper to just buy an aftermarket backplate.

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
Go to your local hobby shop or hardware store and have them match it directly.

MSI will surely know, but I doubt they will tell you.

Might be simplest to just paint it. Replicating that brushed finish is going to be tricky.

And at that point it might be cheaper to just buy an aftermarket backplate.
If I were to replace the backplate with a new backplate, same kind as the old one where would I buy that?

You are likely to make it look worse with trying to paint the thing unless you know what you are doing. If you just dab paint on the thing you will end up with a bump which can easily look worse than a small scratch that you probably can't even see when the card is in the case. It's like paining under the car, sure it may look pretty when you climb under the car and for car shows, but just a waste of time otherwise.