Question Need to unhide a drive

Nov 5, 2019
My "K" drive hid itself and I haven't been able to get it back. It shows in computer management OK and I can explore it OK and it shows it is located in "This PC". But it never shows in the list of drives on my computer. I can change the drive letter to any other letter and it then shows under that new drive letter, but it will never show using "K". I can save to it (K) with no problems but he only way can see it in "This PC" is changing it to a different drive letter. (tried S and A, both showed)
(10 hard drives, C to L and 3 DVD drives, M to O) Thanks, dave

Nov 5, 2019
My K drive was hidden by the registry. So this is the instructions for hiding a drive and the last sentence tells you how to get it back. In step 9 my decibel number was 512, the K drive.

How to hide a drive using Registry
In this case, perhaps the best way to hide a particular drive on your computer would be using the Registry.
Warning: This is a friendly reminder to let you know that editing the registry is risky, and it can cause irreversible damage to your installation if you don't do it correctly. It's recommended to make a full backup of your PC before proceeding.
  1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
  2. Type regedit, and click OK to open the registry.
  3. Browse the following path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ Explorer
  4. Right-click on the right side, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
  5. Name the new DWORD NoDrives and press Enter.
  6. Double-click the newly created DWORD.
  7. Under "Base," select the Decimal option.
  8. On "Value data" enter the decimal number that represents the drive letter you want to hide. For the purpose of this guide, we'll be using value 16, because we're hiding the E: drive.
    1. If you want to hide multiple drives, you'll need to add the decimal numbers. For example, if you're trying to hide drive D: and E:, you'll need to add 8 + 16, which means that the value you need to enter is 24.
      Quick Tip: You can use these decimal numbers as reference to hide specific drives: A: 1, B: 2, C: 4, D: 8, E: 16, F: 32, G: 64, H: 128, I: 256, J: 512, K: 1024, L: 2048, M: 4096, N: 8192, O: 16384, P: 32768, Q: 65536, R: 131072, S: 262144, T: 524288, U: 1048576, V: 2097152, W: 4194304, X: 8388608, Y: 16777216, Z: 33554432, ALL: 67108863.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Close the Registry.
    4. Restart your computer to apply the new changes.
  9. Once your computer rebooted, you'll no longer see the drive listed in File Explorer. However, you'll still be able to access the drive content by navigating the location using the drive path (e.g., E:) in the File Explorer address bar or Command Prompt.
    At any time you can revert the changes by following the same steps, but on step No. 3, make sure to right-click and delete the NoDrives DWORD.