[SOLVED] Need to Upgrade GPU

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I currently have following specs of my PC -

Xeon E5 1650V2 (Base Frequency 3.5Ghz)
DDR3 32GB Ram
SSD 256GB
Quadro k2000

I want to upgrade my GPU to be able to work on LUMION 9 and Unreal Engine 4.22. Also I am trying to generate VR content.
So I am planning to go for either RTX2070/2080 as I cannot afford 2080Ti, But I am not sure if I will face CPU bottleneck.
Please suggest which GPU should I go with?

One of my friend is using GTX 1080 with Xeon E5 v1 and its working fine.

Solution
You should be fine regardless of which card you go with. That CPU still has tremendous capability compared to current CPUs. True, it lacks a little bit of single core performance compared to current generation models, but it has MANY cores and threads, and doesn't honestly lack that much IPC compared to current CPUs. It has almost the same single core rating as a Ryzen 7 2700x, and just as many cores/threads as an 8700k, and both of those CPUs work perfectly well with any current graphics card whether it's a gaming card or a workstation card, so you should be fine with either the 2070 or 2080.
You should be fine regardless of which card you go with. That CPU still has tremendous capability compared to current CPUs. True, it lacks a little bit of single core performance compared to current generation models, but it has MANY cores and threads, and doesn't honestly lack that much IPC compared to current CPUs. It has almost the same single core rating as a Ryzen 7 2700x, and just as many cores/threads as an 8700k, and both of those CPUs work perfectly well with any current graphics card whether it's a gaming card or a workstation card, so you should be fine with either the 2070 or 2080.

Reactions: crystalcity
Solution