[SOLVED] Need to upgrade Graphics Card,Please Help

Dec 3, 2020
Hello,

i have a Dell Optiplex 990 Mini-Tower
that has 2----- HP QK638AA (AMD Radeon Hd 6350) PCI Express 2.0 X16 512MB DDR3 SDRAM Dms59

pc specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram: 16GB
system Type: 64-bit

I want to upgrade the Graphics Cards that has a HDMI port to play steam games and just 4k Videos not 4k games

Please leave any suggestions,Thank You!!!

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you swap out the PSU in that prebuilt? If not, then you will need to swap out the PSU for an aftermarket unit, then drop in a GPU that is concurrent, something like a GTX1060 6GB but please be sure that you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and be wary that you might end up with a black screen in spite of booting to the OS's GUI due to a lack in UEFI BIOS support from your motherboard(since it's very old).

If it's 4K video, you just need to look at a GT1030 but I'm curious to know what titles you intend to tax the system off of Steam...?

Lutfij

Titan

Did you swap out the PSU in that prebuilt? If not, then you will need to swap out the PSU for an aftermarket unit, then drop in a GPU that is concurrent, something like a GTX1060 6GB but please be sure that you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and be wary that you might end up with a black screen in spite of booting to the OS's GUI due to a lack in UEFI BIOS support from your motherboard(since it's very old).

If it's 4K video, you just need to look at a GT1030 but I'm curious to know what titles you intend to tax the system off of Steam...?

Reactions: niceguy996
Solution
Hello,

i have a Dell Optiplex 990 Mini-Tower
that has 2----- HP QK638AA (AMD Radeon Hd 6350) PCI Express 2.0 X16 512MB DDR3 SDRAM Dms59

pc specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram: 16GB
system Type: 64-bit

I want to upgrade the Graphics Cards that has a HDMI port to play steam games and just 4k Videos not 4k games

Please leave any suggestions,Thank You!!!
If you have a case with sufficient clearance and good psu try getting a 1650)super

Dec 3, 2020

Ok great,Thank for the Info,Appreciate it.

on steam just fall guys for the kids 😀

TRENDING THREADS