Need to upgrade my ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Aarkken

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Heya,

I bought a Dell Inspiron 530s all those years ago and now I am looking to upgrade my graphics card from the ATI
Radeon HD 2400 PRO it came with so I can play my games with more than 5 fps.

If i have to buy a new PSU that's all fine as long as it fits in the tower.

Also I live in Australia not against ordering off international websites though.

BUDGET RANGE: Up to $100~250 AUD

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Mostly Global Agenda, being able to run upcoming games Diablo 3 and Fallout 3:Vegas as well.)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO. standard Dell PSU the PC came with 250W I think.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440 by 900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: My CPU is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Thanks!

If you need anymore information just tell me and I'll post it.

Solution
Sorry man, get a new power supply. 250 watts is barely enough to support any graphics cards. I recommend buying a new PSU (an Ultra LSP550 is affordable and decent) and then buying a new GPU. I recommend you get the HD5750 if you are going to get a new PSU.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Sorry man, get a new power supply. 250 watts is barely enough to support any graphics cards. I recommend buying a new PSU (an Ultra LSP550 is affordable and decent) and then buying a new GPU. I recommend you get the HD5750 if you are going to get a new PSU.

Solution