Need to upgrade, next Apr. - Aug. timeframe

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Looking to replace my present PC next Fall. What cpu, MB, RAM,GPU, sound card andPSU should I be getting? I'll have a rather nice budget, as I am saving like mad...

Julian33

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
It's impossible to tell what will be available by that time next year. By that point the Core 2 refresh may be out, as will Altair and Antares, whilst second gen DX10 cards may well be out. I would just consider what is the best value for your money at the time your ready to build your new machine (which as I I know well, is easier said than done :p)

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
It's impossible to tell what will be available by that time next year. By that point the Core 2 refresh may be out, as will Altair and Antares, whilst second gen DX10 cards may well be out. I would just consider what is the best value for your money at the time your ready to build your new machine (which as I I know well, is easier said than done :p)

Damned crystal ball... Maybe it will clear up if I give it a gentle tap with a hammer....

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
crystal ball cracks and says; 'i would suggest looking into dx10 gpus and quad core processors and the latest mobos that support them i would also suggest that you find yourself a powersupply that is efficient above 600W rating '

Looking to replace my present PC next Fall. What cpu, MB, RAM,GPU, sound card andPSU should I be getting? I'll have a rather nice budget, as I am saving like mad...

Too early to tell especially if you are talking about next fall. The first generation of DX10 GPUs will be powerhogs. But it was said in an Anandtech.com article a few months ago that "reliable sources" have told them that the second generation of DX10 GPU will require less power.

TRENDING THREADS