[SOLVED] Need to upgrade?

Jan 23, 2021
I got a 1050 ti about a month or so ago, it's alright... but I'm realizing now that I should've just gotten something a bit more powerful. any upgrade suggestions would be appreciated! I'm looking to stay within a budget of $300.

my pc:
CPU: AMD FX-8370
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti
RAM: Vengeance 2x8, 2x4
MBD: Asus Sabertooth 990FX

Solution
Hi @CoopDav,

My previous build was very similar to your current one with the 1050ti. Unfortunately GPUs are currently more expensive than usual but, I upgraded to a MSI RTX2060 2 years ago and the performance has been spot on for my needs. (competitive fps)

If you can find another RTX2060 that isn't MSI with their premium for your price range I'd recommend it. Alternatively, I built a PC for a friend with a MSI GTX1660 which is also really smooth for fps.

At the moment it may be worth returning your current card and looking at the used market to try and find a better price in the current climate.

Hope this helps.

Jubby

Honorable
May 24, 2015
Hi @CoopDav,

My previous build was very similar to your current one with the 1050ti. Unfortunately GPUs are currently more expensive than usual but, I upgraded to a MSI RTX2060 2 years ago and the performance has been spot on for my needs. (competitive fps)

If you can find another RTX2060 that isn't MSI with their premium for your price range I'd recommend it. Alternatively, I built a PC for a friend with a MSI GTX1660 which is also really smooth for fps.

At the moment it may be worth returning your current card and looking at the used market to try and find a better price in the current climate.

Hope this helps.

Solution
Jan 23, 2021
Hi @CoopDav,

Hope this helps.
thank you so much! the 2060 isn't compatible.... I don't think. I've been looking at the 1650s and the 1660, so I'll probably go that route

Reactions: Jubby