Question Need TV Wall Mount Suggestions

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I have just purchased an LG 55SM8600PUA Nano 8 Series 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED NanoCell TV. I plan to wall mount it. However, I am not certain which brand or model of wall mount to pick. I know that I want a mount that has an arm to allow me to adjust the angle of the TV up, down, left, and right and pull away from the wall. I also would like a wall mountable shelf for my 4K Blu Ray Disc Player (either included with or sold separately from the tv mount at a reasonable price). I have seen TV Wall mounts listed on Amazon able to handle my TV size for less than $30 but I am hesitant to purchase one of those out of concern that it may be of cheap build quality. I am not looking at an overkill or cheaply built mount, but I want a reasonably priced set up that will safely hold my TV in place (along with a shelf) for years to come. I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The bigger problem with a wall mount, than the quality of the mount, is how secure and into what material at location.

Find a well reviewed mount that is rated to hold the size TV. Use a stud finder or even a probe to locate the studs in the area you are mounting to, and use the big wood screws that (typically) come with the mount. Make sure to hit stud centers. In almost all mount instruction booklets they will recommend you NOT using anchors in drywall. I wouldn't even use those "will hold X pounds" ones.
When I did this professionally we would cut the sheetrock away and mount a bit of 3/4" marine grade plywood to the studs then mount with large toggles in many cases.