[SOLVED] Need under $50 gpu for Dell Optiplex 7010 DT upgrade

Mar 26, 2020
I recently aquired a Dell OptiPlex 7010 DT i5-3470 3.2Ghz 4GB RAM. I am looking to upgrade the RAM to 8gb but first I need a graphics card. My budget is $50 and I would like to play games like Minecraft and Fortnite. I would prefer to buy off amazon but ebay would work too. Thanks in Advanced!!!:p

Solution
No, but it only supports vga ad i would prefer a dedicated graphics.
Then those are your only choices None of which are much better thgan the iGPU. The DT should have a 250W power supply with a +12V rail that has a ~18A max capacity. So that will be a limiting factor for adding in a discrete card suitable for gaming. That's why I suggested checking out someplace like ebay and bid for a used GT 1030. The GT 1030 should work fine on the small PSU and allow for 720p gaming at low to med settings. But make sure it comes with the low-profile bracket if not already attached.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
OK. If it is the desktop, then you will need a low-profile card. 50 bucks will get you a basic video card. Here are your choices if you want to buy new. The GT 710 is about it. I presume this is not for gaming. Did your integrated video die?

If for gaming and If you want to buy used, you might be able to get a slightly faster card. You might be able to find a used GT 1030 at that price. Or bid for one and win.

Mar 29, 2020
A GT 710/720 will be only a hair faster than any integrated GPU, barely an upgrade. You're probably going to need a better PS if you want a card that can do any serious gaming.
You're better off buying used, or saving up more money.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
No, but it only supports vga ad i would prefer a dedicated graphics.
Then those are your only choices None of which are much better thgan the iGPU. The DT should have a 250W power supply with a +12V rail that has a ~18A max capacity. So that will be a limiting factor for adding in a discrete card suitable for gaming. That's why I suggested checking out someplace like ebay and bid for a used GT 1030. The GT 1030 should work fine on the small PSU and allow for 720p gaming at low to med settings. But make sure it comes with the low-profile bracket if not already attached.

Solution