[SOLVED] Need upgrade advice for PC Case and good airflow

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
I recently just bought a Ryzen 5 3600 with motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max which I have no complaint to use. as for the case I'm currently using my old PC Case which is Imperion E3 Gaming PC Case ATX Multicolor LED Fan,
the motherboard is fit to the case, but it's too perfect since the only space left is only PSU space. to make it worse the SATA slot is hidden by Hard Drive Cage and the Cage itself is Unremovable...

I want to ask is there any Good case with good airflow that can handle this beast of MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, what I want is :
  • A PC Case big enough to fit Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX and still has enough space to install another 3 or 4 HDD
  • Case with good airflow is more preferable
  • If the PC Case does not come with an additional fan, which Fan do I need to buy? I also want an RGB too for the fan, but if it makes the airflow bad then the normal one is also fine.
  • I also want to buy a processor cooler too since I'm using a stock Ryzen cooler, with RGB if there is any. if you recommend a Tower Cooler, please also recommend which Case can contain it.
My Current Component :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler : Stock Cooler
Motherboard : MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory : Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage : Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive and other 3 Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
GPU Card : Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB MINI Video Card
PSU : Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Case : Imperion E3 Gaming PC Case ATX Multicolor LED Fan (I honestly don't know if this case is Mid Tower or even lower. this case have almost no space except PSU when i put my Tomahawk inside it)

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Additional Question, you don't need to answer if you don't want too since its out of topics :
  • I heard you can use NVME hard drive using a PCI-E slot, but which slot can be use, and which PCI card do I need to buy? I just use the onboard slot with WD Blue NVME 250 GB as my PC OS, it was so much faster that it blows my mind, I never though installing windows 10 under 10 minutes is possible. I'm planning to buy another VNME with 500 GB Capacity for a PC Game so want to use an empty PCI-E slot for Gaming.
  • my WD Blue NVME Lifetime is 150 TB, how many years do you think it will run out? I'm only using it as an OS and will never install any Big Program or Game into it besides small things such as PDF, Browser, and other common software oh and downloading of course, before copy it to another drive.

Last edited:
Solution
Well, if you're located in the United States of America, then perhaps look into Fractal-Design's Define 7 Compact? I'd advise against going for a PCIe riser card for an NVMe drive. If your intention is to get another NVMe SSD for your games, then you're better off just getting a SATA based 2.5" SSD, they will be plenty enough.

Lutfij

Titan
Well, if you're located in the United States of America, then perhaps look into Fractal-Design's Define 7 Compact? I'd advise against going for a PCIe riser card for an NVMe drive. If your intention is to get another NVMe SSD for your games, then you're better off just getting a SATA based 2.5" SSD, they will be plenty enough.

Solution

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018

Thanks for the reply, I'm located in Indonesian and the Case that can be found here in the same category is :
  • Casing Fractal Design Define 7 Light TG
  • FRACTAL DEFINE 7 XL DARK TEMPERED GLASS
  • Fractal Design Define 7 Clear Tempered Glass - Black White

what do you think of one of those case sir ? is it has a remaining space after i put the motherboard for HDD ? as for the color, i don't really care which color i get.

TRENDING THREADS