Question Need upgrade advice

Bored_Gamer

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
So I'm finally going to have enough money next week to account for an upgrade for my system. Though I'm having trouble choosing between stuff:

My current system
G4560 Asus Prime B250m-a
Kingston Hyper Fury 16gb 2400mhz
Galax GTX 1050ti
Seasonic S12-ii 520w

Approximate Purchase Date: Next week preferably friday

Budget Range: more or less $300 converted from my countries currency

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Youtube, Movies, sometimes gaming while browsing on chrome like right now

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: trying to choose between upgrading my 1050ti or changing my CPU

Do you need to buy OS: If I chose to go with changing my g4560 then yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Local PC store with prices more or less on par with SRP

Parts Preferences: choosing between getting a Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC 6gb or just upgrading my current cpu to a Ryzen 5 3500X + AsRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 + my current 16gb 2400mhz ram + a cool new case.

Overclocking: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments: really torn between getting a new gpu or cpu

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: just wanna play most of the latest games while high at 60 fps

Lutfij

Titan
Stick to the B450 chipset as the very least for a motherboard, make sure the motherboard box has Ryzen 3000 ready on it to ensure you don't need to update the BIOS to drop in the R5 processor. Also get the 3600(non-x) processor.

Once you do get the parts, please make sure that Deep Sleep S6 state is disabled in BIOS otherwise the PSU will be the first of your issues. How old is the PSU, mind you?

Bored_Gamer

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Stick to the B450 chipset as the very least for a motherboard, make sure the motherboard box has Ryzen 3000 ready on it to ensure you don't need to update the BIOS to drop in the R5 processor. Also get the 3600(non-x) processor.

Once you do get the parts, please make sure that Deep Sleep S6 state is disabled in BIOS otherwise the PSU will be the first of your issues. How old is the PSU, mind you?
Okay looking at the MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max right now and the PSU is 2 years old.

Jul 29, 2019
Okay looking at the MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max right now and the PSU is 2 years old.
Whatever you plan to upgrade with, I would suggest listing it in PCPartsPicker.com to see if your (old) 520W PSU can handle it, it would suck if you got your upgrade only to find out your PC cant handle it

The odds of finding a B450 motherboard that is "3rd Gen Ryzen Ready" out of the box is unlikely. although they will advertise that it is compatible with 2nd and 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUS, it will almost always require a BIOS update Via Flashing.

Not trying to contradict Lutfij, I'm sure he knows his stuff, but I just spent 30 mins looking for a 3000 Series Ready Mobo and it is simply non-existent

just wanna play most of the latest games while high at 60 fps
Also i'm not sure why your PC would affect how you could play games at 60fps while you're high, although it depends on what you're getting high on ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS