[SOLVED] Need upgrade advise

Sep 18, 2020
Hello, everyone that is reading this,
i want to upgrade my pc but i don't know where to start upgrading and what is the best to upgrade,
i'm a Gamer/streamer so thats the most imported!, to focus on for me,
i'm new to Pc's always played on console i own a pc since 1 year and with the new console's dropping soon i want to upgrade my pc,
i got a budget of 5-600,-
i drop my specs down here :)

* i hope my enlgish i readble im not english, i did my best !*

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RX 570 8GB
ASRock B450M Pro4-F
Bitfenix Formula 450W
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 8GB 2x

AOC C27G1 < monitor

Greetins from the netherland - JeffaM

Dag JeffaM

Hello and welcome to the forums
We need some more info first

What type of games do you like to play?
Do you have to tone down any settings for games that you currently play on your pc?
Do you notice your gpu or cpu working at 100 (or close to) when playing high end games?

Sep 18, 2020
Thank you :D

i'm playing mostly FPS, ATM alot of Apex legends [ when streaming everything on low settings ] with frames from 120 to 50
Cod MW was going okay with sometimes a stutter here and there, on mid/high settings

but i only have 1 pc so when playing and streaming thats a hard task i think to manage on the pc :D

logainofhades

Titan
First off, get a different PSU. Something like a Corsair CXM/TXM/RM/RMx, or Seasonic Focus Gold, @ 650w. Then upgrade the GPU to an Nvidia card, RTX 2060 or better. You can then use Nvidia's encoder, in OBS, to stream. It will help take the load off the CPU.

Sep 18, 2020
First off, get a different PSU. Something like a Corsair CXM/TXM/RM/RMx, or Seasonic Focus Gold, @ 650w. Then upgrade the GPU to an Nvidia card, RTX 2060 or better. You can then use Nvidia's encoder, in OBS, to stream. It will help take the load off the CPU.

oke so i need a better power supply of 650W,
and a Better GPU, from Nvidia
Cpu is still good ?

i want to give out 500,- and skip the Xbox/ps But than atleast my pc need's the same specs/better :D But for me its really hard because im total new to everything around pc's But im absolutly loving to play games on the pc i notice last few weeks :love:

logainofhades

Titan
Gaming, the graphics card matters more, most of the time. Thankfully, you are on a plaform that can accept a CPU upgrade, at a later date. You might be able to snag a good deal, on a 3rd gen chip, once 4th gen comes out next month. It is uncertain whether your board will get the needed bios update for 4th gen. Also with RTX 3070 coming, next month, prices might come down a bit. I would go with the PSU now, and wait for the dust to settle, on the new hardware release, before getting anything else.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic CORE GM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€82.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND)
Total: €82.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-18 18:38 CEST+0200

A 750w isn't a horrible idea, in the event you think you may get a power hungry card, like the RTX 3080.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€109.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND)
Total: €109.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-18 18:40 CEST+0200

Sep 18, 2020
yeah i was just looking at the nvidia site and saw the 3080 lol, i will follow your plan and update my PS for now and wait 2 month and then get a new Grapic card will the 3070/3080 fit the rest of the pc then ?

Sep 18, 2020
thanks for your replies ! i know what to do know ! ! 1. power supply 2. Videocard i wait for the 3070

i will not play 4k anytime really soon [ maby next summer will buy 4k monitor ]